CHF’S DRAGON BOAT RACE WAS A ROARING SUCCESS
Around 70 children with heart conditions and their families joined hundreds of supporters at the Children’s Heart Federation’s Annual Dragon Boat Race fundraiser at Surrey Docks Water Sports Centre.
Twelve teams tackled the Thames in dragon boats to raise money for children with heart conditions. The race was won by a team dressed as superheroes from the event’s co-sponsors, Martinez and Partners.
Along side the race CHF put on a free fun day of activities for children with heart conditions and their families including Chinese lion dancing, face painting, a choir performance, and street dancing.
Samantha Johnson from the Children’s Heart Federation says: “This years Dragon Boat race was a wonderful day for our dedicated supporters to join our heart families to have fun and raise money for children with heart conditions.
The Children’s Heart Federation would like to say a massive thanks to:
- The Bubble Lady – www.thebubblelady.co.uk
- Chris Wood Photography – www.chriswoodstudios.com
- Dantastic Productions – www.dantasticproductions.com
- Giovanna Bindi – www.giolandstory.blogspot.co.uk
- Greggs Brentwood
- Hummingbird Bakery Islington – www.hummingbirdbakery.com
- Interlude Dance Troupe – www.interludedance.com
- Southwark Park Road Team
- Mr Whippy Soft Ice Cream – www.mrwhippysofticecream.co.uk
- Pak Mei Athletic Association UK & Europe – www.pakmei-uk.com
- Rock Choir – www.rockchoir.com
- Sainsbury Brentwood
- Simply Smile Productions – www.simplysmileyproductions.co.uk
- Stratton Catering – www.strattoncatering.co.uk
- Surrey Docks Water Sports Centre – www.fusion-lifestyle.com/centres/Surrey_Docks_Watersports_Centre
- Tapped Mobile Bars – www.tappedmobilebars.com
- Tesco Surrey Quays
- Tony’s Tasties Sandwich Bar – 07931502135
- Trash a La Mode – www.trashalamode.co.uk