CHF partner group’s #MyHeartStory campaign
Find out more about CHF partner group Cardiomyopathy UK’s #MyHeartStory campaign.
Cardiomyopathy is a disease of the heart muscle that affects more than 160,000 in the UK.
Signs and symptoms of cardiomyopathy may include:
- Breathlessness with exertion or even at rest.
- Swelling of the legs, ankles and feet.
- Bloating of the abdomen due to fluid build-up.
- Cough while lying down.
- Irregular heartbeats that feel rapid, pounding or fluttering.
- Chest pain.
- Dizziness, light-headedness and fainting.
Current estimates suggest that 1 in 500 people are affected, but actual prevalence is thought to be much higher.