2011 Safe and Sustainable Children's Heart Surgery Services Public Consultation Events
The Safe and Sustainable children’s congenital cardiac services review team published a Pre Consultation Business Case document in February 2011.
In the words of the programme team:
“This document sets out recommendations for a superior congenital heart service for the children of England and Wales – a service that is safe and sustainable.
The recommendations are the outcome of a robust review process that has been clinically led and supported by the relevant professional associations and national parent groups. There is an overwhelming feeling that the time for change is long overdue.”
You can learn more about the review process by browsing the CHF Safe and Sustainable document library.
Safe and Sustainable children’s congenital cardiac services review public engagement events took place throughout Spring/Summer 2011 with CHF representatives present at each consultation.
Events took place in the following locations:
- Birmingham – Monday 4 April 2011 Maple House;
- Cardiff -Tuesday 5 April 2011, Cardiff City Stadium;
- Newcastle – Thursday 7 April 2011, Discovery Museum;
- Oxford – Wednesday 4 May 2011, The Kassam Stadium;
- London – Saturday 7 May 2011, Emirates Stadium;
- Warrington – Monday 9 May 2011, Halliwell Jones Stadium;
- Leeds – Tuesday 10 May 2011, Royal Armouries Museum;
- Cambridge – Wednesday 18 May 2011, De Vere University Arms Hotel;
- Gatwick – Thursday 19 May 2011, Copthorne Hotel Effingham;
- Southampton – Tuesday 24 May 2011, The Guildhall;
- Taunton – Tuesday 7 June 2011, Taunton Racecourse;
- Leicester – Thursday 16 June 2011, Walkers Stadium